Our High School and College Age Teacher Guides go above and beyond to help our students reach their greatest creative potential. Before each session, they are trained by our teachers in best practices for implementing the week's art curriculum. They are assigned a group of 4-6 students to work with throughout the entire week. Their responsibility is to help the children achieve the curriculum goals, inspire the kids to think "outside the box," and act as a positive role model and leader.
This program is a great opportunity for High School and College students interested in a career in art education, nonprofit work, and/or community organizations. They learn valuable professional skills in a fun, creative work environment. We encourage our Teacher Guides to share documentation of their group's work (videos, performances, photographs) when applying for further education opportunities or job prospects.
TEACHER GUIDE REQUIREMENTS:
- Age 15+ Minimum age varies per workshop
- Must commit to entire length of workshop (1 week minimum)
- An interest in the arts, art education, non-profits, community organization
- Preference will be given to students with a background in the arts
After completion of the program, Teacher Guides will earn:
- A letter of recommendation from the Art Camp Director
- A letter signing off on volunteer hours - 30 hours/week
- Documentation of their group's work to share with future employers
We are currently accepting applications for SUMMER Teacher-Guides!
June 4-8: Contemporary Dance, Ages 9-16, Teacher Guides: 17+
June 11-15: Puppet Theater, Ages 8-13, Teacher Guides: 15+
June 18-22: Experimental Theater Arts, Ages 5-13, Teacher Guides: 15+
July 9-13: Papermaking and Creative Storytelling, Ages 5-13, Teacher Guides: 15+
July 16-27: Film Production & Theory, Ages 9-16, Note: Two week workshop, Teacher Guides: 17+
July 30-Aug 3: Parade, Ages 5-13, Teacher Guides 15+